Pipe Welders:Skilled Trades Services, Inc.
View Skilled Trades Services, Inc. profile and job listings
Recruiting for a Certified Pipe Welders for projects in the Charlotte, NC area. We are looking for LOCAL candidates as there is NO per diem on this project.
- 6G Certified carbon steel pipe welders wanted! 6G, 6010/7018 Root Pass experience...
- Must complete welding test in Charlotte. Test coupon is on 6" carbon steel pipe, Schedule 40, 6010 Root / 7018 Filler & Cap!
- Visual Inspection and X-Ray'd for Certification!
6G Stick pipe test
-6 Schedule 40 coupon
-6010 root (3/32 or 1/8 rod)
-7018 filler and cap (3/32 or 1/8 rod)
-All welding is uphill
-stringers on cap 2-4
-welder will need to prep coupon
-Prep 3/32 1/8 gab 4 tacks 30% bevel 0-1/8 landing
-Welder may grind tacks to a feather edge
-Welder may grind root on outside only (no inside grinding)
-wire brush on inside of root
-should take approximately 1-3 hours to complete test
- Journeyman Welders - 8-10 years commercial pipe welding experience.
- All Welders MUST complete & pass a 6G stick welding test.
- 6010 Root / 7018 Filler & Cap Schedule 40, 6" coupon test required.
- Will be stick welding and fitting gas piping from 2-1/2"-4" in size.
- Willl be position welding (most likely in the air) so a bit more challenging than normal.
- Prior 6G certification a plus. (Provide copy of most recent certification).
- Interested Welders must complete their welding test in Charlotte, NC!
- Journeyman Pipe Welders - 8-10 years commercial pipe welders experience.
- Ability to work a variety of different shifts to accomplish the job.
- Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work your shift until completion.
- Project will be a 40 hour job, with possible OT as required.
- Experienced in reading commercial blue prints (Journeyman).