Santa Clara, CA USA
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is the world's premier measurement company, providing core electronic and bio-analytical measurement solutions to the electronics, communications, life sciences and chemical analysis industries.
Use your superior technical knowledge and experience at Agilent Technologies as an application architect within our IT Agilent.com team. You will be part of an exceptional global team made up of IT, business and supplier resources tasked with designing, implementing and supporting the external website for our Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis group.
The Agilent.com SharePoint Architect is responsible for architectural oversight on all external web based enterprise solutions for the Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis Group (LSCA). The role will require partnering with the business community, the IT community, and the sourcing vendor team for project implementations. The position is responsible for managing enterprise level architectural best standards for both the logical and physical layouts for all aspects of the MOSS & Commerce Server 2007 platforms.
The Architect works closely with the project management team and reports to the Agilent.com LSCA Business Engagement Manager on all project related matters. The architect also works to ensure that the appropriate implementation and technical designs are agreed and coding standards are adhered to throughout the SDLC process
• Define and implement an architectural vision for the LSCA web environments utilizing MOSS, Commerce Server 2007 and other enterprise platforms
• Work closely with Application Support on operational and support issues including detailed root cause analysis for systemic events, disaster recovery planning and performance and capacity planning
• Partner with the business to understand global business needs relating to Enterprise Search
• Work closely with Hosting & Networking organization for all aspects of infrastructure layout and planning
• Work with other Agilent Architects, subject matter experts and business technology teams to identify and support cross-functional IT organizations for alignment, collaboration and standardization to meet business needs
• Provide consulting, and review /sign-off on functional specifications and technical designs for all IT projects and enhancement initiatives.
• Create development and security standards that balances the functionality, costs and risks of the proposed technologies
• Expertise of SharePoint platform and capabilities and the proper way to use SharePoint to configure and develop websites for portals, collaboration and community sites, and underlying functionality in areas such as content and document management processes and workflow
• Experience with SharePoint Content Management Publishing Process, Master Pages, and design layouts
• Strong experience and background developing solution in the Microsoft .NET framework including Visual Studio.NET, C# and/or VB.NET, ASP.NET, and MS SQL
• Experience with Commerce Server
• 7-10 years minimum experience developing enterprise applications and web technology solutions
• Strong understanding of the life cycle software application development background is required
• Proven ability to identify and define solutions and develop pragmatic and practical solutions
• Ability to define and apply technology related standards, process and governance
• Experience in other MS and Internet technologies, including MS Office, HTML, XML, CSS, web services and SOAP
• Expertise with Enterprise search solutions
• Strong network layout and topology background in typical tiered external web environments
• Experience with delivery of enterprise-level solutions (global and/or multiple line-of-business) in one or more specific technology domains (e.g. Knowledge Management, ECM, Data Management, Workflow/BPM/BPA)
• Analytical and problem solving capability with proven experience in technology leadership roles
• Strong collaborative skills, ability to coordinate and work collaboratively with remote teams and individuals
• Exceptional written, verbal, and meeting facilitation skills with ability to communicate within all levels of the Agilent IT, Sourcing Partner and Business communities.
• Educated to at least university degree level or equivalent
|Posting Company Type:
|First and Last Name:
||<< Hidden Information >>
||5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
||<< Hidden Information >>
|Fax (numbers only):
||0 jobs posted / 0 jobs currently available
The following jobs are available:
No jobs found for this employer.