Palatine, IL USA
Senior Operations Support Analyst
• Responsible for maintaining the IT operations including software and hardware upgrades.
• Provide Global Help Desk related support to businesses.
• Analyzes and recommends new hardware, software and procedures on a continual basis to insure that the business continuity is maintained as efficiently as possible.
• As required, manages consultants working on relevant IT related projects. Monitors virus protection capability and makes decisions regarding events (virus detection in system, etc.) as necessary to safeguard and protect computing environment.
• Performs troubleshooting; and resolves technical assistance questions
• Performs remote diagnostics on desktops, laptops and networking equipment
• Provides on-line training to personnel on business applications and network functionality
• Develops/documents troubleshooting procedures
• Evaluates and recommends hardware and software to resolve employee computer problems or to increase employee efficiency
• Utilizes knowledge and experience to assist the U.S. and Corporation Network and Operations Manager in maintaining and coordinating computer operations functions
• Evaluates, maintains and recommends changes in Help Desk logging software to keep an accurate account of all incoming calls and problem reports and understands the proper distribution of calls with associated Information Technology staff members
• Maintains the proper skills necessary to interface with a variety of users regarding specific problems.
• Advises, as needed, the U.S. and Corporate Network and Operations Manager of all occurrences that have a negative effect on the systems and/or users. Provides feedback and recommendations on any issues that affect the Operations Department.
• Provides guidance and training to new personnel, as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain computer equipment, hardware and software, evaluate and make recommendations for changes to improve or maintain service levels.
• Provide project and budget management for IT related projects.
• Monitor critical processes such as network performance to identify problems and implement solutions to minimize equipment down time.
• Analyzes and resolves various hardware and software calls that are reported into the Help Desk for efficient problem resolution.
• Performs remote diagnostics on user IT related issues and network equipment.
• Assists the Computer Operations Manager with the maintenance and monitoring of computer systems operations.
• Maintains and supports the installation and maintenance of software products.
• Reviews daily job and log files, maintain the production job scheduler and perform other operations duties as required by the Computer Operations Manager.
• Develops procedures and troubleshooting documentation for on-site support and remote user support.
• Functions as the primary data backup operator for all US locations. Maintains all data backups in accordance with procedures. (Data backup & retention policy.)
• Completes user/file/server access control in accordance with Employee access control policy.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• The job requires knowledge equivalent to that which would normally be acquired by completing a two-year college program with course works in a Computer Science discipline.
• The ability to keep abreast of all new technology within the computing environment, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision or direction.
• Customer service oriented experience and ability to follow up on all issues.
• Minimum of one year related work experience in a network support environment, to include knowledge of computer operations.
• Working knowledge of desktop and network hardware and software.
• Ability to analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and computer manuals.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or problem reports from users and management.
• Ability to generate documentation on assigned duties and tasks as requested in the prescribed style and format.
• Ability to generate documentation on computer systems and software functions as requested.
• Ability to understand and apply mathematical formulas as may be required.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as disk storage percentage, system utilization percentage and available resources.
• Problem solving ability including problem definition, data collection, fact gathering, analyzing and drawing valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and apply solutions to problems based on information obtained.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Microsoft (MCSE) or equivalent
• Cisco (CCNA) or equivalent
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of:
• Windows 2K, 2K3
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Exchange
• CISCO Routers
• Frame Relay
• web servers
• telecommunications technologies
• Clear verbal communication skills and 50% computer usage.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Standard office environment.
• Be able to successfully operate a PC and standard PC applications.
• Support emergency problem resolution capability in the event of program/system malfunction on a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week basis.
|Posting Company Type:
|First and Last Name:
||Greenwood Plaza, Ste 100
729 N. Greenwood Dr.
||<< Hidden Information >>
|Fax (numbers only):
||0 jobs posted / 0 jobs currently available
The following jobs are available:
No jobs found for this employer.