Miami Lakes, FL USA
SR. WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Are you interested in working with the latest technologies in -
* Sharepoint, and
HOPS (www.hops.com), a leading provider of data analytic tools and products, is in search of a Sr. Windows Systems Engineer that is looking for a home! We are looking for a Windows professional that loves to learn the latest technologies, architect MS enterprise solutions, maintain a stable 24X7 environment, and will share their knowledge with others. In turn we offer you a dynamic and challenging environment where you can stay on top of the latest technologies and will learn something new everyday.
Windows 2003 / 2008, Active Directory, TCP/IP networking, VMWare, IIS, Sharepoint, Exchange, SQL, Web Application support experience.
MS ISA, CCNA/CCNP, RedHat, HP Proliant / Blades Systems, HP Storage
* Define and drive the high-level architectural and technical requirements (Enterprise Solutions) and system architecture for HOPS data center infrastructure.
* Maintain our 24X7 stable platform by ensuring 24x7 operational readiness and support of underlying infrastructure required to support data processing activities.
* Assist team in deployment of equipment and infrastructure as needed.
* Work with the hardware and software components required to run HOPS data processing environment including but not limited to Windows and Unix platforms, Data network, Desktop Systems, SANS Storage, Backup Systems, Data Center facilities, and base installs of RDBMS.
* Evaluate current and ongoing Systems and Network architecture to determine if is stable, scalable, secure and is meeting the business needs in an efficient manner. Develop remediation and implementation plans and execute on those plans on a recurring basis.
* Work with Enterprise Security Services to ensure environment meets all required security best practices
* You will also ensure that -
* Systems and Network architecture is stable, scalable and meets the business objectives.
* Implementation time is reduced for new systems and clients coming on board.
* All audit and security requirements are met for the environment that is within scope of the systems placed under this individual’s responsibility.
* There is a continual revision of processes to improve performance
* Capacity Planning is successful
* Microsoft Enterprise level experience with responsibility for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of at least 30 production servers in prior position.
* Ability to work with a team of technical engineers in the design, implementation and maintenance of overall systems infrastructure in a 24x7 environment.
* In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP network design skills, IIS, SQL, Exchange, VMWare. Pluses include ISA, experience with HP Proliant & HP storage systems, RedHat, and Cisco skills.
* Ability to develop technical diagrams using tools such as Visio that clearly document and communicate complex technical topics.
* Bachelors degree or higher in an engineering or technical field or 6 years of equivalent experience
* MCSE or 4-6 years of equivalent experience
* General Firewall / VPN experience
* 2 years working in a highly available clustered environment
* 2 years working in a UNIX environment
* 2-4 years working in a 24x7 Data center operations environment
Preferred experience in -
* Banking, Financial or health care data records
* Cisco Firewall / VPN experience
*Working knowledge of HTTP, HTML, XML, SOAP and WebServices
* Working knowledge of database manipulation, preferably SQL
*Working knowledge of application servers (Project Server, Sharepoint)
*Working knowledge with source control software (Perforce, CVS, TFS)
*Experience writing and debugging XML
* Programming skills with some OO language such as VB.Net, Java, C++, or C# is
* Data Center Operations experience
About us – HOPS utilizes its unique data analysis engine to quickly get clients to places they have never been before. HOPS, which stands for Heuristic Optimized Processing System, is the fastest and most flexible on-demand analysis solution available for large sets of data. In a recent test, HOPS did an all-column scan of over 70,000,000 rows in only 13 seconds. Deployed through a SaaS model, HOPS* products can analyze data for an entire enterprise, offering the scalability to work with hundreds of terabytes of data, cost effectively. Currently, HOPS services over 100,000 unique subscribers, houses 600 terabytes of customer data and produces over 350,000 monthly reports for the health care, financial processing and retail markets. HOPS is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida.