Burbank, CA USA
Our client's Studio Production Technology group is looking for a Senior Software Release/Build Engineer who will actively participate in all phases of product development and play a key role in the design, development, and testing of complex web and desktop applications. The Release/Build Engineer will improve product development efforts and productivity by driving the code management, system administration, developing a build and release infrastructure, installers, and processes. This role requires effective collaboration across most facets of the Product Development team and a strong attention to detail.
The Release/Build Engineer will leverage their strong background in programming, windows system administration, and tools development to enhance our existing software build, installation, and deployment scripts and processes. The resulting solutions will support emerging digital media business processes related to feature film production, post-production and distribution workflows.
· Maintain, administer, and evaluate software change management systems including Subversion, GIT, and Maven Artifactory.
· Maintain, and administer application layer (Tomcat, IIS server etc) for development, QA, staging, and production environments.
· Design and maintain an automated environment for producing software builds developed in .NET, and other technologies.
· Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures by Engineering.
· Design a software release process to satisfy internal audits and compliance.
· Coordinate and lead all release management, and software delivery activities from development to production. Provide post production application support.
· Work closely with the Project Management, Architect, Software Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of software releases.
· Help enforce policies for managing source code within a code management system, including branching, merging and tagging policies to support parallel development of several components.
· Create tools which will automate repetitive tasks performed by developers, DBA, and QA personnel.
· Integrate the build infrastructure with automated tools to enforce code quality as well as automated tests.
· Investigate technologies which may provide a competitive advantage to the company.
· Create and maintain documentation of SCM processes and tools.
· Collect and report SCM metrics.
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in software build engineering, development, systems administration, or a similar field.
· Experience working with Agile methodology and continuous integration environments.
· Experience developing an automated build environment for a software product development organization, including automated build and test processes, component-level builds, and parallel streams of development (e.g. simultaneous next version and patch releases).
· Experience with automating builds on a Windows platform.
· Proficiency with a programming language (.Net, or C#) is required.
· Demonstrated experience with, and understanding of, general source control concepts: branching, merging, tagging, labels. Experience with Subversion, Git, or Mercurial preferred.
· Experience managing and maintaining a large codebase, with multiple modules having constant development activity.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proactive work style and capable of leading change.
· Clear communication style with an emphasis on simplification, maintainability and extensibility.
· Will work effectively in a fast-paced environment while working collaboratively across the Product Development team.
· Ability to work cooperatively with software engineers, system administrators, product managers and other stakeholders.
· Experience with Windows System Administration is a plus.
· Experience with automated provisioning, and DevOps concepts is a plus.
· B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
Other Qualifications and Characteristics
· Able to comfortably multitask.
· Able to make important decisions given incomplete and conflicting knowledge.
· Highly self-directed, being able to both manage and (re)prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that necessarily occur during the creation of software solutions in a rapidly changing environment.
· Strong analytical problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and thus able to explain and document the systems to their diverse audiences.
· Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
|Posting Company Type:
|First and Last Name:
||2600 w Olive Avenue
||<< Hidden Information >>
|Fax (numbers only):
||1 jobs posted / 0 jobs currently available
The following jobs are available:
No jobs found for this employer.