Clinical Education Manager
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Hospital Administration
Job Category: Medical / Health - Nurse Leadership
Manages the coordination of the activities of the Clinical Education department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing.
Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
Plans, implements and document programs that meet the clinical education, mandatory training and orientation needs of the network.
Collaborates across the Clinical Education team in sharing training materials and methodologies, and in promoting standardization.
Promotes and supports safe, evidence-based nursing/clinical practice and patient care.
- Assesses needs, prioritizes, recommends, plans and facilitates the development and implementation of network-wide clinical caregiver education. Evaluate program effectiveness and update as appropriate.
- Ensures In-patient and/or ambulatory-wide compliance with all regulatory standards. Inspires staff to promote a culture of safety, continuous improvement and quality patient care.
- Facilitates development and documentation of department-specific orientation for clinical areas using standardized processes and templates; assures timely update of training records.
- Partners with education leaders on programs that support organizational goals and priorities.
- Provides leadership, management oversight and consultation to clinical practice education programs or requests.
- Works with physicians, clinical/clinic managers, educators, quality improvement and risk management caregivers to support safe, effective, high quality care and service to patients and patient families.
- Develops an open, honest and mutually beneficial relationship with his or her manager, fellow managers, caregivers and departments her/she provides service to develop/implement programs to support high quality care and experience for our patients and patient families.
- Works with managers, Human Resources and local educational institutions to coordinate student learning experiences as defined by workforce planning strategies.
- Manages training resources (contracted services, operating expenses, budget preparation, etc.), supervises & develops staff (scheduling, evaluation, coaching, etc.) and provides leadership and direction to regional clinical education caregivers.
- Manages, develops and counsels the functions employee staff consistent with good human resource management practices to create a work environment that encourages and allows participation in order to promote retention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Unless Otherwise Stated
- Bachelors degree in Nursing.
- Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in adult clinical education in a hospital, clinic or clinical setting; preferably as a clinical nurse educator or a clinical nurse specialist.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Training in adult learning principles, performance assessment and management.
- Additional training in quality/process improvement methods and tools preferred.
- Current RN license as required by State to practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- BLS Instructor certification is required within 1 year of hire.
- Certification in nursing professional development from ANCC, American Nurses Credentialing Center is preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient expertise in MS Office programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Basic skills in a variety of education technology methodologies.
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- RN License in WA
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
- 7+ to 10 years experience
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- Do you have at least 5 years of Clinical Education experience in an Acute care setting?
- Do you have at least 2 years of acute care clinical nursing leadership experience as a manager or director?