Novo Group, Inc.
Director of Marketing
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
The Florida Chamber of Commerce is the leading voice of business and the driving force to securing Florida’s future. We unite business for good and we are working to grow Florida from the 17th largest economy of the World to the 10th largest economy by 2030. As we focus on making Florida more competitive, we champion core values of Accountability, Collaboration, Communication, Member & Customer Service, Integrity, Loyalty, Respect, and Success, the Florida Chamber of Commerce has ambitious initiatives in place. ‘The Florida 2030 Blueprint is leading Florida to a diverse and sustainable economy through global competitiveness, prosperity & high paying jobs, as well as vibrant & resilient communities.
The Director of Marketing role is a new position, which will be focused on meeting the strategic needs of the enterprise direction as outlined in the Florida Chamber strategic plan. You will be the leader responsible for clearly communicating and leading our vison for Florida and specifically, the value to investors and potential investors. Your marketing work will be the reason that Vision 2030 and the Florida Chamber of Commerce overall comes alive, garners support, and becomes a PR ideal. Your passion around marketing business creativity, copywriting, and graphics creation will positively impact the visibility of all three companies within the Florida Chamber of Commerce: the political operations; the lobbying & advocacy business; and the research foundation. In addition making the vision of the CEO & President come alive through social media presence, effective marketing copy & graphics, you will help transform the strategic and tactical operations around the regular communication cadence with key customer groups, the long term strategic programming as a whole, and the minute by minute response the team will employ to stay ahead of the constantly changing news cycle and political realm. Because of your strategic marketing generalist insights, savvy, and ability to create effective marketing, the Florida Chamber of Commerce will work toward a truly successful Vision 2030.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Become an integral marketing driver within the Florida Chamber team as the organization works strategically to meet the growing needs of Florida’s businesses, aggressively advocates for job creation and industry diversification and provides services and infrastructure critical to supporting the growth of business within Florida.
• As the Director of Marketing of the Florida Chamber of Commerce, your work in writing effective marketing copy, handling social media, creating PowerPoints for webinars, providing graphics and other marketing tactics will be instrumental in how this organization strategically aligns itself with business, with government, and to work toward Florida 2030 Blueprint.
• Passionately and expertly handle the tactical Marketing realm to facilitate the CEO’s strategic vision, and to get the word out about the Florida Chamber of Commerce’s as a true strategic partner to small and midsize businesses all across Florida as the economic recovery plan rolls out across the state.
• If you believe in free enterprise and in harnessing the collective impact of job creators, and you have experience as a strong marketing generalist who is strong in writing copy and providing marketing that drives results, this opportunity may be an opportunity of a life time. Rest assured you are positively impacting the lives and quality of living for all Floridians as you will be strategically working toward the greater goals of the Florida Chamber of Commerce’s Vision 2030.
• Promote and market a belief; sell the future of Florida.
• Develop and execute a wide range of marketing efforts, including but not limited to social media content and messaging across a variety of platforms; creating effective marketing copy for webinar advertising and registration; creating and reviewing PowerPoints for webinars & other presentation opportunities; creating graphics for a variety of
• Thorough effective marketing efforts, positioning and communicating the value of the Florida Chamber enterprise.
• Own the brand and through a wide variety of marketing efforts, target brand and investor audience
• Communicate the value of chamber membership to chamber members through chamber communication vehicles
• Travel may be very minimally required
Your success will be measured based on:
• Proactively identify marketing opportunity and tactically execute on those opportunities with effective marketing.
• Translate the current strategic vision into tactical marketing work in a strategic way to maximize the efforts of the Florida Chamber.
• Play a major role, through promotion, in positioning and communicating value to attain enterprise profitability standards.
• Assist membership and revenue generation effort by positively communicating and promoting the value of the Florida Chamber’s work.
• Ensure all brand audience; achieve brand engagement and ranking standards.
• 5-10 years of marketing generalist experience with a proven track record in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong promotional writing skills, along with the ability to write under deadline and amidst multiple priorities consistent with a fast-paced, mission-based organization.
• Ability to create effective Marketing graphics.
• Ability to create a story, tell a story, and pitch stories.
• Social media experience and results.
• Experience with Hootsuite and WordPress, or similar programs.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint and other graphics and/or presentation software.
Desired Experience and Traits:
• Marketing experience in which the strategy and tactics consistently tie back to the organization’s mission, and impacts revenue
• Experience with mission-based legislative, political, issue management and governmental relations.
• Ability to proactively identify promotional and positioning opportunities and develop supporting programs. In other words, make news from our value vs react to it.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, both internally and externally.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and able to take a positive team approach to working with industry and government partners.
• Maintain a professional demeanor during stressful situations.
• Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
• Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Positive, driving results, team leader.
• Assist membership and revenue generation effort by positively communicating and promoting the value of our work.
• Working within chaos in an ever-changing environment excites and fuels you and your work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Promotional Writing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Political action or a related field.
• Competitive compensation package.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 5 hours of PTO per month to volunteer at the non-profit of your choice
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability (Short-Term Disability also available)
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time)
• Free parking
• Relocation package may be available for a fully qualified candidate
||Other [ View All Other Jobs ]
||Tallahassee, FL USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||05/19/2020 / Viewed 6 times
||Novo Group, Inc.