II-VI Advanced Materials
Fabrication Process Engineer
Advanced Materials, a division of II-VI Incorporated, is a customer driven, world leading commercial supplier of high performance, high quality silicon carbide (SiC). Our products are used worldwide in the RF electronics, wireless infrastructure and power switching industries. We are committed to"Materials That Matter"through our drive to achieve performance excellence in all that we do.
We offer an excellent benefits package designed to attract and retain individuals willing to accept the challenge and risk associated with being part of a successful company. Our benefits include a company-wide, quarterly bonus incentive program, medical, dental and vision insurances, 401K program with a substantial match, profit sharing program, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, stock purchase program, computer purchase program and more.
We are currently seeking a Fabrication Process Engineer to join our growing production facility located in Pine Brook, NJ. We are conveniently located close to Routes 80, 287, and 46. We are looking for a self-motivated, disciplined individual to be responsible for the efficient operation of our Fabrication department. In this role, you will report to the Engineering Manager and you will be responsible to perform the following:
- Actively participates in the development, update and optimization of fabrication (wafering) processes that meet the demands and specifications of internal and commercial customers as well as requirements and milestones of funded R&D contracts. Support technological steps of wafer fabrication including, boule separation, orientation, grinding and sawing. Develop and update standard operation procedures (SOP) for responsible processes.
- Provide support for customers when crystal, material or substrate information is needed to facilitate proper or effective use of our products.
- Work with engineers, scientists, and management team to identify needs for new and/or upgraded fabrication capabilities, and prepares the annual fabrication manpower, capital equipment and operational expense budgets.
- Prepares Appropriation Requests (AR's) for necessary fabrication process and related equipment.
- Analyzes fabrication processes to determine process reliability and "bottlenecks". Analyzes process/product failure modes and provides feedback for process optimization.
- Performs trouble-shooting, problem identification and corrective action activities when the fabrication equipment or process is not performing to standards, specifications or customer expectations.
- Trains new employees assigned to the fabrication department.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in the technology of semiconductor substrates, process control and manufacturing or engineered materials industry. BS in Engineering Technology or similar disciplines required, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Hands-on manufacturing experience with substrate fabrication and use of saws, grinders, lappers and polishers and other tools.
- General knowledge of semiconductor materials, technological processes used in their manufacturing and methods of materials characterization.
- Knowledge of substrate fabrication processes that include crystal orientation and ingot slicing.
- Familiarity with statistical process control tools, such as SPC, Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 quality system requirements a strong commitment to developing and maintaining ISO compliant activities.
- Fluency with programs and tools used for data collection, analysis, modeling and plotting, such as Excel or similar. Experience with statistical analysis software such as JMP or MiniTab is a plus.
- Familiar with CAD software such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD. Experience with creating production drawing is a plus.
- ITAR compliance requirement: Individual must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Advanced Materials/II-VI Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Visit our website at: www.II-VI.com
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug screening results and background check.
No agencies or phone calls please.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
https://www.applicantpro.com/j/1223825-384846You may apply directly via email to email@example.com