Help Desk Administrator
Trace Systems is seeking a Help Desk Technician (Tier I) to join our team based on-site inJoint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.This position will be responsible for the planning, design, acquisition, installation, and maintenance of LAN and WAN, electronic mail, telecommunications, and PC based systems and related software.
- Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and telecommunications equipment.
- Set up and administers security procedures; troubleshoot problems;
- Establish and implement LAN policies and their conformance;
- Coordinate activities of LAN support personnel, providing guidance on common networking issues.
- Assess vendor products; manage network performance, troubleshoot problems, and maintain network security.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communicationsnetworks
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Maintains the integrity and security of network devices and systems
- Sets up administrator and service accounts
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Patches and updates network device operating systems to Department of Defense guidelines
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with Cisco IOS and NxOS based network devices
- Develops scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities
- Monitors overall network health and troubleshoots reported events
- Perform other duties as required
- One team works Sunday to Thursday and the other Wednesday to Saturday
- Position requires a minimum ofeight (8) years of work experience withsix (6) years related to network administration and analysis experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
- Due to contract requirements, US citizenship is required
- Position requires a current DoD 8570 IAT-II certification
- Must have the ability to support 24/7 operations
- CCNA Certification
- Support of Windows Server 2013/2016, Skype for Business, Transverse, mIRC, Sametime, Unite, Webex, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, OWA, Sharepoint w/ ADFS, CAS, Web Portals, VOIP, Video Phones, VTC, Voice Bridge, Profile Redirection, Organizational Shares, Map Data
- Support Secret REL, FVEY, or transport networks
- An Associates degree in a related field or the equivalentyears of experience in lieu of a degree.
, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroadwhenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
You may apply directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply:We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here atTrace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at:www.tracesystems.com.#jointracesystems
Trace Systemsis an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
||Aerospace / Defense [ View All Aerospace / Defense Jobs ]
||Pearl Harbor, HI USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||12/27/2019 / Viewed 1 times
||5680 W. Cypress Street, Suite A ,Tampa , Florida 33607 - USA