Professional Recruiters and Contracting, Inc.
Lead Engineer -Ergonomics
Our Client is seeking a Lead Engineer -Ergonomics
The purpose of this job is to provide technical and functional expertise in the areas of ergonomics and human factors, to enhance the design, manufacturability, serviceability and maintainability of equipment and controls for the vehicle cab and surrounding areas with a particular focus on the Cab Body, Exterior and Interior areas.
Candidates must have the ability to interpret the principles, theories and concepts of ergonomics and human factors whilst being able to apply them in an innovative and original method to further the development of the products.
The candidate should be an energetic and enthusiastic team player.
You will also participate in cross site teams such as Feature Coordination Teams, Global Expertise Teams, develop Feature Development Plans, run Advanced Engineering projects and closely follow the evolution of Ergonomics demands.
- Serves as a specialist within the ergonomics and human factors areas, requiring limited direction and supervision
- Manipulate CAD manikins for driver environment, ergonomic and visibility studies
- Serves as a consultant/contact worldwide for his/her areas of expertise
- Acts as a feature leader for Driver Environment and Ergonomics - you will be involved in Advanced Engineering and Complete Vehicle projects but also in the maintenance of the current products. You will work cross-functionally including a lot of contact with Design engineers within the Cab and Product Design departments
- Your role in projects is to:
- Define and drive the delivery of product requirements
- Develop and evaluate concepts
- Support the cross functional balancing of ergo and human factors requirements with other interfacing feature requirements
- Monitor and assess requirement fulfillment and validate resulting feature levels in project deliveries
- Keep track of CAD studies and simulations of ergonomics and visibility
- Minimum BS Degree in Engineering, preferably MS with Human Factors, Ergonomics Engineering or Biomechanics
- 8+ years of experience applying general human factors and ergonomics principles/techniques to the design and evaluation of transportation products or other relevant industry
- Competent in Catia V5, and Human Builder
- You have knowledge and experience of product development projects within the driver environment in cars and/or in commercial vehicles
- Good knowledge in ergonomics including how ergonomics simulation as well as how engineering judgment is applied to ergonomics
- Have a good ability to communicate both in written and spoken English
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Action oriented
- Integrity and trust
- Peer relationships