Mangrum Career Solutions
Our Client is looking for a multi-dimensional Operations Manager to oversee the manufacturing and machining operations in their custom engineering environment. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and enjoy using data and analytics to make process improvements. The Operations Manager needs to be a problem solver who enjoys continuous improvement and maintaining the highest level of quality. They should have experience implementing Lean and Kaizen events and enjoy process mapping and other continuous improvement activities. This role reports directly to the President and should be someone with the ability to grow with the organization.
- Primarily responsible for directing and managing production operations with overall responsibilities machining, assembly, and warehousing departments.
- Oversee the companys production plan preparation and implementation; organize the production schedule according to the technical requirements and ensure quality accountability for every aspect of the work performed.
- Effectively manage the manufacturing process of products, support production scheduling, and enhance disciplined processes.
- Analyze data and use ERP to plan and manage daily production.
- Responsible for the companys equipment and product quality management. Establish predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Direct and manage all production operations to meet short-term and long-term goals.
- Transform and continuously improve manufacturing capabilities by using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Implement cost-effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall performance for production and quality standards.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance and safety programs. Manage department and employees: provide reviews, training, assist with the hiring process.
- The Operations Manager should have a strong mechanical background, specifically with regards to CNC and Precision machining. Must have a customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills (oral and written). Proficiency with Microsoft Office, ERP, CRM, and other internal programs.
- Ten (10) years of manufacturing experience with five (5) years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, Six Sigma concepts, and Safety Fundamentals such as OSHA regulations.
- Strong managerial skills to manage technologies, assets (including personnel), spending targets (including expense and capital) and strategic planning.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Business, Operations Management, or equivalent experience.
||Manufacturing [ View All Manufacturing Jobs ]
||$100,000 - $120,000
||Pittsburgh, PA USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||01/19/2020 / Viewed 2 times
||Mangrum Career Solutions