Part-Time Sortation Associate
Job ID: 180012887 | Shakopee, MN
You may apply directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sort it. Wrap it. Ship it. Own it. Sounds a little like a game, but its Amazons game that is if youre in one of our high-speed, high-tech sortation centers. Ready to play, join the team today! Amazon is looking for Part-Time Associates to join the team at our sortation center in Shakopee, MN.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Sortation center:
- Safety, its more than wearing a reflective vest. Were committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes following the rules.
- Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
- Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. Well hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
- Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
- Cool with Casual. A relaxed dress code means its Casual Friday, every day.
- We like to keep you on your toes, associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
- Temperature in the sort center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
- Sorting packages based on size and destination, it can be a little like Tetris with boxes, envelopes and pallets.
- Pumped up kicks. Youll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility good shoes are a must!
- Building pallets, wrapping pallets, transporting pallets with pallet jack, and sorting packages and pallets. Did someone say pallets?
- All hands on deck! You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
- On the move you should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
- Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment, special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
- Round we go. Associates will be manually wrapping finished pallets, which means moving in a sideways, circular motion several times in a row. Youve got your head on straight, we think you can handle it.
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.50
Lets sweeten the deal
- Health care benefits after 90 days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday pay
- Employee discount
- Well support your educational and career goals with our Career Choice program, explore more: amazon.com/careerchoice
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Thrown your cap in the air you have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Blown out the candles you are at least 18 years old.
- Flex, not just your muscles you dont mind a curve ball every once in a while and you can be flexible in responsibilities.
- You are willing and able to work extra hours as required bringing smiles to our customers doesnt take time off.
- Lets get physical associates must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Step it up be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
Basic Qualifications (because compliance asked us nicely to list these out)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- English literacy skills
If youve read this far, we think youre ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
||Retail [ View All Retail Jobs ]
||Shakopee, MN USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||01/12/2018 / Viewed 106 times