SATCOM Network Administrator
Job Title:SATCOM Network Administrator
Job Location:Hill AFB,Ogden, UT or Scott AFB, IL
Security Clearance:Secret to start (must meet Top Secret eligibility requirements)
Certification:DoD8570IAT LevelII (Security+ce, CCNA-Security, etc.) Must obtain within 90 days of hire
Shifts:Rotations (1st, 2nd, 3rdand weekends)
- The SATCOM Network Administrator position supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Enterprise SATCOM Gateway Services (ESGS) desk, providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities.
- Providesubject matter expertise to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network.
- Perform network configurations, system monitoring, remote terminal activation, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications. Create modem configuration files, switch and router configuration files, and voice equipment configurations.
- Responsible for remotely accessing and de-accessing users into the IP/SATCOM networks and assisting users with troubleshooting SATCOM and IP network problems.
- Responsible for build-outs and maintenance of the IP infrastructure, using iDirect / Viasat technology and be familiar with a number of network application tools such as VX Builder, VX Watch, Cisco Call Manager (CCM), Linkway NMS, iDirect NMS and Tivoli NetCool.
- This role is considered to be"mission essential" and must be able to support12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
- Perform other duties as required.
- DoD8570IAT LevelII (Security+ce or equivalent) MANDATORY to start / obtain within 90 days of hire date
- Advanced IP/Networking experience including routers, switches, firewalls, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), VLANs, ACLs, and multicasting.
- Advanced knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
- Knowledge and experience with satellite communications technology architectures.
- Due to contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- CCNA/CCNP - Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM), earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
- Experienced in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR) through SATCOM Gateways.
- Experience with iDirect/Linkway IP Modems.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM baseband equipment (EBEM, Promina, MIDAS, Convergence routers, IA Tools.).
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-175).
- Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
- Familiarity with trouble ticketing systems, troubleshooting methodologies, and service desk operations.
To Apply:We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here atTrace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at:www.tracesystems.com.#jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please email@example.com
Trace Systemsis an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
||Information Technology [ View All Information Technology Jobs ]
||Ogden, UT USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||10/17/2018 / Viewed 410 times