SATCOM Operations Specialist
Job Title:SATCOMOperations Specialist
Job Location:Fort Meade, MD
Security Clearance:Active, in-scope US Government issued Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility
Required Certification:IAT Level II (Security+ce, CCNA-Security, etc) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of the hire date.
Shifts:RotationalShifts (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a cleared SATCOM Operations Specialist to join our team on-site in Ft. Meade, MD.
This position supports the SATCOM Management Center (SMC) providing 24x7 operational, programmatic, and technical support to the DISA Command Center (DCC), CC6 Gateway/SATCOM Operations Division at Ft. Meade, Maryland.
Candidate must be able to support rotating shifts.
This role may be required to provide support on an on-call basis and could be asked to report within an 8 hour time frame.
- Provide technical analysis of SATCOM (including space, control and ground) status and performance data to optimize network supportability and provide recommendations and alternatives for network requirements that are unsupportable.
- Provide recommendations for the development of SATCOM network scenarios and determine impacts on the SATCOM and satellite network configurations.
- Participate in the planning and technical evaluation of the performance of existing and new next generation augmentation satellites, earth terminals, baseband equipment, control equipment, and SATCOM facilities.
- Evaluate the supportability of Operations Plan (OPLAN) SATCOM requirements for each Area of Responsibility (AOR) utilizing the planning tools provided, and assist with the daily operation and management of the respective satellites and the associated ground and control segments.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and briefings to incorporate information and technical data into operational directives and procedures and satellite static databases.
- Provide Technical Analysis Reports, Technical Briefings, Technical Review of Wideband SATCOM Documentation, Technical Analysis Working Papers and White Papers, and Technical Review of Wideband O&M Meetings.
- Provide equipment monitoring and control (M&C), mission establishment, situational awareness, trouble management, and engineering and testing support to DoD and Enterprise SATCOM Gateways.
- Support Monitor & Control (M&C) activities to include: Open / Remediate/ Close incident tickets; Coordinate equipment failures and troubleshooting actions with site and deployed operators; Monitor, control and configure all specified equipment technologies including adding and removing missions;
- Manage and provision DISN services, connecting DISN circuits and IP/ multicast traffic; Periodic verification that equipment is operating in the baseline configuration and that no alarms exist; Assist in equipment configuration for mission and network setup according to the mission SAA and GAA.
- Develop network diagrams using Government tools and software applications; provide reports on equipment status, network status, and network utilization using Government tools and software applications; and shall enter outage information via Government furnished trouble ticketing systems.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Position requires a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in Satellite Communications (SATCOM).
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, an active in-scope Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI is required.
- An active DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification: Security+ce, CCNA Security, etc. or the ability to obtain within 90 days of the hire date.
- Additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in written form.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements US citizenship is required.
Experience with any of the following tools/applications is preferred:
- Wideband Remote Monitoring System (WRMS)
- Common Network Planning Software (CNPS)
- DoD Teleport
- Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Subsystem
- Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
- IP Modems (iDirect or Linkway)
- DVB-RCS: Advantech system and support equipment at Lago and Landstuhl
- Gateway Video Reception Delivery Service (GVRDS)
- Unified Video Dissemination System (UVDS)
- Defense Information Systems Network Tactical Edge (DISN-TE)
- SATCOM Unified Net-Centric System (SUNS)
- Spectral Warrior
- Bachelors degree is preferred; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroadwhenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
To Apply:We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here atTrace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at:www.tracesystems.com.#jointracesystems
Trace Systemsis an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
||Aerospace / Defense [ View All Aerospace / Defense Jobs ]
||Andrews Air Force Base, MD USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||03/20/2020 / Viewed 14 times