Professional Recruiters and Contracting, Inc.
Senior Engineer - Driver Environment
Our Client is seeking a Senior Engineer - Driver Environment
This position is for Engineers interested in designing and be responsible for systems and parts in the area of Instrument panel, Seats, HVAC, Vehicle Controls The selected candidate will work in the Cab - Driver Environment group to design and industrialize parts and systems in the assigned area. Detail documentation and coordinating prototype builds, Validation and assembly of the design with cross functional team; Using Quality tools such as DFMEA to ensure adequate emphasis on design quality.
Works as an Engineer technical leader for components and systems that are assigned in the area of competence
Uses the experience and competence of cross functional team to design, implement and maintain the mechanical systems and components in the Cab Interiors.
Take initiative in discovering, analyzing, validating and implementing features and technogies in the responsible technical area
Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility.
Focus on accuracy of work, timeliness, and meeting key targets such as methods development for all aspects of continous improvement.
- Technical Learning
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
Experience Skills and Training Details
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering, Master of Science degree (Mechanical) preferred
- 6-12 years Mechanical Engineering experience; Min 6 years experience in Automotive or heavy truck industry designing Vehicle controls or Instrument panel components such as Steering Wheel, Steering Shaft, Pedal and pedal plate, Plastic components and assemblies for Instrument panels
- An understanding of design constraints of various manufacturing processes is a plus, especially regarding plastics, composites, sheet metal, and porous materials
- Experience in Material behavior and mechanics is a must
- Knowledge of testing and validation of components and systems is required
- Experience in a major CAD system preferably Catia V5 is a plus
- Experience in using PDM systems is a plus