TEEMA Solutions Group
Senior Linux Administrator
Our clients IT team is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure operations and maintaining the highest levels of uptime to support its customers. Responsibilities of the Senior Linux Administrator include planning, administering and supporting companys information technology infrastructure. Our ideal candidate is an experienced Linux administrator who thrives in fast-paced environments, enjoys multitasking, and can work independently or as part of a project team. Reporting to the IT Manager, the position will be directly responsible for the installation, maintenance and administration of networks and server infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex information networks, systems, and applications
- The ability to explain and simplify complex technical skills to both customers and coworkers
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to plan, budget, and work on multiple projects independently and in a timely manner
- Desire to proactively learn new technologies and adapt to an ever changing/growing environment.
- On-call availability to support 24/7/365 operations
- Very strong focus on the customer/employee needs and a willingness to accommodate them
- Desire and ability to work with teams from multiple technology backgrounds and disciplines
You may apply directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expert level Linux administration including building, maintaining and troubleshooting multiple Linux flavors including Debian, Ubuntu, and RedHat.
- Expert level security skills including the ability to establish security processes and controls, perform security audits and remediation, disaster recovery planning, manage authentication/role-based access control, and maintain day-to-day system security to the level of PCI and HIPAA
- Ability to provision and configure Apache and MySQL using PHP, Perl, and other server-side scripting languages.
- Proven experience using server virtualization technologies including ProxMox and VMWare
- Familiarity with DevOps and configuration management tools such as CFEngine/Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Comfortable managing physical and virtual servers, SANs, DB replication, monitoring, backups, applications and utilities
- Professional understanding of popular protocols such as VPNs, DNS, DHCP, RPC, NFS, ISCSI, HTTP(S), SSL, Etherchannel, and LDAP
- Experience with Windows administration and network firewalls/switches is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as CFEngine/Puppet/Chef/Ansible