Novo Group, Inc.
Senior Manager Software Development
We are leading a search for Milwaukee Tool, voted as one of Glassdoor Best Places to work in 2020! Since the company began in 1924, we have led the industry in developing innovative solutions that deliver increased productivity and unmatched durability. At Milwaukee Tool, we recognize your career path is as individual as you and gives you the resources to make the impossible possible and be a part of something big!
What will you be doing:
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the custom development, ERP Development and QA teams within an Agile/Scrum environment while aligning to larger project plans that could still be functioning in a waterfall methodology.
- Manage departmental resources.
- Evaluate current technical platform(s) and make recommendations for innovations and/or improvements.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Represent the software development team in evaluation of new technologies or solutions, provide guidance and feedback in solution design reviews to ensure best practices and standards are applied.
- Contribute substantively to innovation across Milwaukee Tool’s technical stack and overcome technology limitations to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management and business stakeholders.
- Work with cross function teams including PMO, QA, IT Ops, Architecture, and other software development managers to develop and apply consistent standardized development processes that are regularly updated through lessons learned from previous projects.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Management Information Systems (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Experience building development/product teams across technology stacks (Mobile, ERP, Cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Azure)
- Proven Experience in Greenfield Technology
- Must have Expert Level Application Development Experience with 3 -5 years of hands on lead experience in a product development environment.
- Proven experience of managing QA Teams and moving the team into Automation
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 a plus
- Experience with SQL and SQL Server Management Studio is preferred
- Technical experience in Object-Oriented (OO) Programming
- Strong verbal and written communication; Able to present technical information concisely to a variety of audiences, including senior leaders
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- Ability to work in process ambiguous environment and adapt quickly to changing requirements
||Other [ View All Other Jobs ]
||Brookfield, WI USA
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||07/07/2020 / Viewed 9 times
||Novo Group, Inc.