Eiden Systems Corporation
Senior Software Developer (XML/XSLT/Web Services)
Eiden Systems is currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join their team in Charlottesville, VA. In this position you'll be involved in designing and developing web-based solutions for a key Department of Defense application with 1000+ users at various locations worldwide. The Senior Software Developer will actively participate in sprint planning/review sessions with the product owner. As the Senior Software Developer will provide technical and team leadership. You will also be responsible evaluating, scoping, designing and ultimately delivering on customer commitments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Design, develop, and implement web-enabled applications and services using .NET 4.0 / 3.5 Framework, C#, Visual Studio 2010, XML, XSLT and JSON
- Research, design and develop complex enterprise-level web applications built on relational databases
- Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions
- Adapt off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
- Work in a collaborative agile team environment
- Ensure code/peer reviews are completed to support the delivery of high-quality releases
- Participate in Sprint Reviews and Sprint Planning Sessions
- Rehearse and execute customer demonstrations of new functionality
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10+ years of general work experience (with 5 to 7 years of related experience).
- Department of Defense Secret clearance is required
- Prior experience developing with the .NET Framework 2.0 and greater, preferably with ASP .NET web applications utilizing either C# or Visual Basic .NET
- Experience with Microsoft WCF Services and web service utilization
- Excellent knowledge of XML, XSLT, and mapping of different schemas
- Strong knowledge of XPath and XQuery
- Good understanding of JSON format
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL and simple Database Administration techniques a plus
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an occasional high-pressure environment
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others
- Successful experience delivering solutions as part of a medium to large sized development team
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to plan and execute effectively
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
- Hands-on experience utilizing and configuring IIS 6.0 and 7.0 as an application server for delivering web application solutions.
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills
You may apply directly via email to email@example.com
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: JIRA, Subversion, USG IA development and security standards.
- Successful candidate will be imaginative, responsive and be able to communicate well with users.
- Other helpful skills include LINQ Microsoft Workflow, WPF, SVN
- Active TS/SCI clearance (will be submitted for a CI polygraph, if candidate does not already possess one.)