Specialist Web Services
Title: Specialist Web Services (UI/UX)
Our client has an immediate need to hire a Specialist Web Services. This is a 12 month contract position on the clients payroll as a temporary employee with benefits. Location is downtown Toronto. The Specialist Web Services is responsible for the design, delivery and implementation ofspecific website initiatives and servicesproviding web strategy, development, administration
Things You Need to Have:
- Proven leadership / project management experience
- Minimum 6 to 8 years related experience in web coordination, technology and communications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Communications,Digital Media, Computer Scienceetc.
- Ability to speak, write and present information in a clear, courteous manner and listen actively
- Strongweb development and web design knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of and skill in utilizing personal computers and MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems, such as Sitecore
- Strong understanding of user interfaces, intuitive navigation schemes, search engines and different browser constraints
- Strong understanding in presenting text and multimedia content on web sites
Things You Will be Doing:
- Demonstrated analytical skills to test, verify application functionality and execute the final quality assurance check and recommend changes to applications
- Aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail
- Highly developed customer service and people skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility; hands-on style in an organization with continually shifting priorities
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to organize and manage concurrent projects with multiple, competing priorities and rigid and demanding deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to adapt readily to new procedures and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive business relationships (internal and external) through well-developed communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with staff at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a productive member of a team in a relatively flat organization
- Manage the development and delivery of web- based communications services for specific policy and program initiatives. Implement approved communications plans.
- Recommend, design and implement digital strategies for specific corporate initiatives or business units. Counsel business units on web content and approaches to support their business needs and objectives.
- Liaises with IT, the Web Publishing team and vendors to coordinate content, design architecture and work flow of above projects. Develop processes and policies in support of effective web management.
Content Management and Administration
- Source and organize communications materials, including text,photography, videos, and illustrations for the web. Ensure that all content meets organizational standards and maintaining editorial consistency.
- Ensure that content furthers corporate themes and messages, coordinating with SMEs to ensure accuracy and appropriate approvals processes are in place.
- Work with Information Technology (IT) group and vendors to plan, design, develop, deploy and maintain the site. Coordinate archiving of materials. Audit, create, delete or maintain links to other sites. Monitor and report site usage and statistics.
- Develop testing and measurement techniques to evaluate effectiveness of the web sites and recommend follow-up strategies and alternative communication techniques for future projects.
- Monitor incoming e-mail for web services. Prepare responses or direct inquiries to appropriate employees for clarification.
- Perform regular audits of corporate website, intranet and other sites to ensure information is current and in compliance with corporate objectives and industry standards. Identify potential future content and functional needs, ensuring that web properties are aligned as corporate activities and initiatives evolve.
Technical and Functional Development
- Perform front end web development in conjunction with IT for web applications, new functionality or website upgrade implementation using HTML, CSS, jQuery and other technologies
- Review and assess various digital software and tools to support the web redevelopment or service improvements.
- Troubleshoot and, where appropriate, resolve web site performance and inline issues as well as refer issues to IT ensuring follow up and resolution.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.comYou may apply directly via email to email@example.com
- Train colleagues on the use of the Content Management System and other digital tools used by the Web Publishing team.
- Ensure compliance with AODA standards and training staff on legislation requirements.
||Information Technology [ View All Information Technology Jobs ]
||Toronto, ON Canada
|Job Location Zip/Postal Code
|Posting Company Type
||03/21/2018 / Viewed 667 times