Infinity Group Recruiting Inc
Sr. Systems Safety Engineer - WPAFB, OH
This opportunity is a part time position with a growing government contractor at Wright-Patterson AFB. Job responsibilities include:
- Applies knowledge and experience in System Safety philosophy, policies and procedures to Air Force systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles.
- Applies understanding of current Department of Defense (DoD) and Air Force acquisition regulations, guidelines and processes.
- Maintains and updates the Critical Safety Item (CSI) list, and monitor Airworthiness Certifications.
- Performs system safety management services in support of the acquisition of Government approved system or sub-system production, sustainment, modifications, maintenance, upgrades, and modernization. This work shall include performing analysis of or recommending changes to:
- Technical guidance
- Test plans
- Specification data
- Safety Critical Function processes
- Critical Safety Item listing
- Subject matter related reports
- Safety Assessment Reports (SARs)
- Hazard worksheets and memos
- Hazard analysis
- System Safety Program Plan
- Mishap Guide
- USAF Mishap Reports
- Mishap Recommendations
- Technical Input for Program Requirements (e.g., specifications)
- Provides consistent and reliable guidance to leadership on System Safety matters
- Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attends work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested.
- Complies with requirements of the contracts Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
- Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Orders Monthly Status Report.
A Senior labor category shall have a minimum of 15 years of experience and an accredited (such as ABET) Bachelors degree in engineering. A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Prior experience and training in management of FMS programs desired.
- Shall be System Safety Trained by successful completion of one of the following training class(es) or their equivalents):
- Web-Based Interactive Safety Environment Learning Management System (WISE), on-line through Naval Ordnance Safety and Security Activity (NOSSA)
- Systems Safety Management Course (SSM-102), offered on-site by Bastion Technologies
- System Safety Engineering, offered in-residence or on-site, A-P-T Research, Inc.
- Practical System Safety (PSS), offered in-residence by the Southern California Safety Institute (SCSI)
- Mustobtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- Mustbe proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
- Mustbe able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid drivers license and proof of insurance.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please feel free to call me at 937.815.8474.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.